Sunday, August 21, 2011

A New School Year...New Goals!

So I clearly neglected this blog over the course of the summer. I got away from my computer for the most part and stopped doing most things on the internet without too much warning. But now that the semester's about to begin again (this being my third year...wow!), I figure it's time to start working on this again! What better way to renew the blog than with a couple goals in mind? Here's a few, in no particular order:
  1. Keep Good Grades in School - This goes without much saying. However, despite this being my third year I don't want to be someone who begins to suffer from some degree of "Senioritis" and get lazy in my work. I've come this far and gotten the grades I have in my general courses, but now that I'm actually getting into my major, I intend to keep the good grades coming!
  2. Be Open to More Social Activities - I am something of an introvert. While I don't mind social interactions and being around people, I do enjoy being able to spend time alone and away from people. But because of my schedule this year, which will be a bit more relaxed this semester due to a couple online classes, I want to try to be more social and outgoing with people.
  3. Be Open to Possible Relationships - Liberty pushes the dating/marriage scene a lot, which is fine, because I'm glad they support the fundamental marriage between a man and a woman, but it's often emphasized to the point where you sometimes feel awkward hanging out with the opposite sex. I've never been in a relationship myself, let alone gone on a date, but I intend to keep my mind open enough God's leading and potential direction into a relationship. Regardless of whether anything should develop, I intend to keep myself open to this. After all, this IS my second to last year of college...running out of time, ha!
  4. Maintain a Positive Attitude - In my reflection of last year's attitude, I spent WAY too much time complaining, being frustrated and tired, and simply being a "downer" too much. I maintain some of this was due to my absolutely chaotic and stressful schedule, but a goal of mine is to keep a more positive attitude and try not to be such a pessimist. I'm not looking for pity from others, I want to demonstrate a positive attitude given to me by God and that He helps me overcome my situations!
These are among my top goals for the semester and Junior year. I'm sure that as classes begin that I will find the year flying, which might feel too quick, but oh well. This should be quite the year; I'm looking forward to what I'll learn in class and how I'll be challenged in the faith this year!

P.S. Keep me in your prayers regarding work. I'd like to find some simple work study position to earn a few extra bucks if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment